Magnolia + Ember by Julie Crawford
Hi I'm Julie, the face of Magnolia and Ember. I am a Tennessee-based adventure wedding photographer making home at the foot of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I've been a Knoxville wedding photographer for over seven years and expanded into the Nashville market in 2014.
I'm an advocate for authenticity encouraging couples to be their genuine selves. When you can let go, be yourself, and lovingly free; magic happens in front of my lenses. That is when I capture the emotions and awesomeness of your relationship. I'm not one for stiff-posed photographs. I embrace the eccentric, zany* way I have of capturing natural elements. I want you to look back at photos and have everything you felt in that moment come crashing down. That to me is the definition of art.
Fun Facts about me:
- Lover of life and all its magic.
- Creative mind. I live for designing anything that expresses me.
- Crush on all things bohemian and eclectic.
- Universe believing, metaphysical craving, crystal obsessing human.
- Nature junkie. Earth has so much to offer. Get out and discover!
- Founding ambassador of National Park Geek.
- Music enthusiast. Music can speak soul like nothing else. I can explain life and my emotions strictly in John Mayer and Ben Howard lyrics.
- Soulful dreamer. A necessity to always try to find the beauty in everything.
- I like my coffee black and my wine red.
- And I collect coffee mugs from meaningful experiences & places.
- I pretty much wear boots with everything.
- Quality over quantity.
- Believer that if you can't put your whole heart into something, it isn't worth your time. Life is short. Be you. Recycle love. Stay weird.
my gypsy heart
I'm an adventurous little earthling with this magnetic pull to nature. The power within rocky mountains, the spirit that soars through red canyons, the lights that live in the infinite sky; the entire Universe sparks fire in my soul. Nature and adventure is spiritual. It is fulfilling. It is home.
I travel any chance I'm given. I've photographed weddings and editorial shoots all over the country. I'm patiently waiting for the couple that joins me exploring the lands of Iceland, the Himalayas, or perhaps Patagonia and capture a fearless love in epic locations. My passport is locked and loaded.
Having a wandering spirit, I launched a travel blog inspired by my epic 25-day solo road trip across the country last year with only my camera, a tent, and my VW Jetta. On Wander Knot you can go a lot more in depth with soulful experiences and adventurous taste. Even check out my handmade jewelry and custom designed clothing that has just the right about of that boho eclectic vibe sprinkled with a bit of metaphysical greatness.
*zany ways = sometimes shooting from the bathtub position
real life behind the scenes shooting an engagement session at Urban Cowboy Nashville