Magnolia + Ember by Julie Crawford
Hi I'm Julie, the face of Magnolia and Ember. I am a Tennessee-based photographer making home at the foot of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Maryville. I've been a Knoxville wedding photographer for over seven years and expanded into the Nashville market in 2014.
I'm an advocate for authenticity encouraging couples to be their genuine selves. When you can let go, be yourself, and lovingly free; magic happens in front of my lenses. That is when I capture the emotions and awesomeness of your relationship. I'm not one for stiff-posed photographs. I embrace the eccentric, zany way I have of capturing natural elements. I want you to look back at photos and have everything you felt in that moment come crashing down. That to me is the definition of art.
Fun Facts about me:
- Lover of life and all its magic.
- Creative mind. I live for designing anything that expresses me.
- Crush on all things bohemian and eclectic.
- Universe believing, metaphysical craving, crystal obsessing human.
- Maker + shop owner of Wander Knot.
- Nature junkie. Earth has so much to offer. Get out and discover!
- Founding ambassador of National Park Geek.
- Music enthusiast. Music can speak soul like nothing else. I can explain life and my emotions strictly in John Mayer and Ben Howard lyrics.
- Soulful dreamer. A necessity to always try to find the beauty in everything.
- I like my coffee black and my wine red.
- And I collect coffee mugs from meaningful experiences & places.
- Quality over quantity.
- Believer that if you can't put your whole heart into something, it isn't worth your time. Life is short. Be you. Recycle love. Stay weird.
my gypsy heart
I'm an adventurous little earthling with this magnetic pull to nature. The power within rocky mountains, the spirit that soars through red canyons, the lights that live in the infinite sky; the entire Universe sparks fire in my soul. Nature and adventure is spiritual. It is fulfilling. It is home.
I travel any chance I'm given. I've photographed weddings and editorial shoots all over the country. I'm patiently waiting for the couple that joins me exploring the lands of Iceland, the Himalayas, or perhaps Patagonia and capture a fearless love in epic locations. My passport is locked and loaded.
Embracing my free spirit, I launched Wander Knot inspired by my travels and experiences. The brand came to life after my epic 25-day solo road trip across the country in 2016 with only my camera, a tent, and my VW Jetta. You will find collections of handmade jewelry, crystal candles, and custom designed clothing that has just the right about of that boho eclectic vibe sprinkled with a bit of metaphysical greatness.